Moon, Sacred Water OR Holy Water, is water that is energetically charged using the energy of the moon.
In this Sacred Water Tutorial, I will take you through my process of infusing water with the energy of the Moon.
- Choose one of the following vessels: a clear glass container. This can be a vase, clean-empty wine bottle, mason jar, etc.
- Salt (Sea Salt, Gray Salt, Pink Salt, etc.)
- Silver, it can be a ring, chain, etc. OR you can use a silver bowl (with this method you will not need any additional pieces of silver).
- Cheesecloth and piece of black cloth *This is optional and can be used to cover your vessel if you are unable to close it. Use the cheesecloth while your vessel is out under the moon, and use a piece of black cloth to cover your bottle when you put it away during the daylight hours.
- A Mirror
- A table of some sort. It can be an Altar or just a sturdy flat surface
- A black tablecloth (this can also be used later to cover your moon water until you choose to use it)
- 5 Candles & a lighter
You will also need to think about how you will store your water. It should be stored in a cool dark place where sunlight cannot hit it. If you choose a recycled wine bottle, mason jar or the like you can save your water in the same vessel you made it in. Otherwise, you will need an additional storage bottle for when your moon water is charged and ready. In this tutorial, I am using a vase I often use for rituals and spell work.
- Wash your vessel and storage bottle thoroughly. Soap and water are acceptable. I also like to use a little salt in my water when cleansing any magickal tool.
- To make your silver piece shine use a soft cloth and some baking soda to clean it up.
- Next clean your mirror.
Ready to Infuse!
Day 14-16 of the 29.5 days Moon Cycle: This is a 3-night process. You will begin when the moon is just becoming full (day/night 14) and end on the 16th day/night) of the 29.5-day moon cycle. You will want to designate a place to keep your water when you bring it in each morning. Find a spot in a dark cupboard or on a shelf in your pantry where it will not be disturbed.
Please note: This is how I create Moon Water. I find the ritual of dedicating myself to the process makes a powerful tool I can use in my other workings. If you have another preferred method, please use it. Do what works best for you!
- Set up your table outside where you know the moonlight will directly hit it at midnight when the moon is highest in the sky. For me, this means placing my table in the center of my lawn in the backyard.
- Cover your table with your black cloth and place the mirror right side up in the center of the table.
- On top of your mirror place your vessel filled with water. *Now I know there is much debate out there about what kind of water to use. Honestly, use what you have. If you plan to use it in magickal cooking or other forms of consumable magick, make sure you use potable water.
- Around your vessel & mirror place your five candles.
- Now here is where you will want to say something epic and significant. Yeah… don’t we all. Instead of making a fuss about memorizing a long speech, try focusing on the purpose of your water. Focus on the value of the moon and the power she offers. Think of how the moonlight will shine through the water infusing it with all the influences of the moon. If you prefer to put pen to paper, go for it! I am an “off the cuff” kind of girl. I let the words flow as the Goddess intends.
- As you think and speak, drop in your silver piece, and begin lighting your candles.
- Take a moment to soak in the moon’s energy for yourself. Visualize how the moonlight will permeate you as well as the water.
- Cover your vessel with cheesecloth (if necessary) and leave the moon to her work. Seriously have a glass of wine or a cup of tea and go relax.
Before Sunrise (each morning) –
Set your alarm!!! Before the sun begins to rise each morning, you will want to bring in your vessel along with all your supplies. Place them in your designated cupboard or shelf and cover with your black cloth until the nightfall.
Repeat this process for three nights. After the 3rd night, you will have Holy Water! Store this charged water until you need it.
**Important notes: If you watch too much Supernatural, Charmed, Sleepy Hollow, Witches of East End, and the like… Please keep your comments to yourself. This is not Hollywood nor is this a Christianized horror novel. To those who think they know everything about everything, you too can keep your comments to yourself. This is a pure offering from my path and years of experience. If you think you know better, then you should write your blog filled with your infinite knowledge and experience. There is no place here for childish behavior or posturing from cowardly internet trolls. We all walk a different path. It is important to remember that diversity is imperative. Mother Nature gets this, and so should we humans.
To those who enjoy my offerings, and have something constructive to add, I welcome you and hope you stick around for more. I also would love to hear from you. I appreciate different points of view.
Through persistence, I found the honest answer… I can have both! I realize that I could forge my own path using the skills and knowledge I gained, and the simplest of techniques.
I love food and everything that goes with it. I have spent more than 35 years in the kitchen, enjoying every minute. Okay… well, enjoying almost every minute of it.
In addition, I have disbursed nearly as many years studying Wicca, Witchcraft, and Paganism. Combining these two interests has created a Magickal path where I combine food and spirituality. To my delight they play brilliantly together.
My love of whole healthy foods, and unique recipes has also lead me to help run a local teen cooking program, where I teach kids valuable life skills in the kitchen. In addition, I teach a variety of cooking classes for adults and covens on subjects ranging from making the time spent in the kitchen more enjoyable, to cooking together as a group, and recipe-spell creation.
It only made sense that I would begin writing and sharing my experience. From this, The Magick Kitchen was born. My journey with you is about developing a spiritual experience with food, far beyond the dull habit of consumption. We have a marvelous opportunity here to take a most mundane task and make it Magickal!
The Magick Kitchen is about connecting to Divinity through food and the ritual of preparing and sharing food. It is about developing a sacred balance between nourishment, ritual, and spirit. Food has the power to heal, sooth, and bring us together as friends, families, and community.
I am so glad you joined me! Sharing knowledge, experience, and personal perspective with you is an honor. Thank you!