This Roasted Vegetable Tomato Sauce is a very easy and delicious recipe, you can make anytime. You can use leftover roasted vegetables or even grilled vegetables!
Roasted Vegetable Tomato Sauce
Roasted vegetables give this sauce a deeply unique flavor!
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini squash, eggplant or any other vegetable, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms quartered
- 6 cloves garlic whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans 14.5 oz each diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano minced
Pre-heat oven to 450°F.
In a large bowl, toss vegetables and garlic in olive oil. Spread out onto a large sheet pan, and sprinkle with salt. Roast veggies and garlic cloves for about 15 minutes, stirring half-way through. To avoid burning your garlic, make sure each glove rests above the vegetables during this roasting process.
Place your slow cooker on low and add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, vinegar, sugar, and remaining salt and pepper; stir. Stir in roasted garlic and veggies.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Do not open the lid while cooking.
When the sauce is nearly done, mice the Basil and Oregano.
Use a hand blender to puree the sauce. You can puree in batches using a blender or food processor if you do not have a hand blender.
Stir in the minced fresh basil & oregano, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
Serve over pasta, polenta, or use as a pizza sauce.
Magickal Ingredient Aspects
Tomatoes: Prosperity, Protection, and Luck
Basil: Love, Wealth, Exorcism, and Protection
Oregano: Money, Health, and Love
I invite your feedback. Please comment below.
© 2015, The Magick Kitchen