Chicken is my go-to protein for most meals. Since I cook with it so often, I am always looking for new recipes. This one was created from a goof up in my kitchen. None-the-less, my mistake helped me create something totally satisfying.
Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 ¼ cups cannellini beans
- 3 cups grilled chicken breast chopped
- 3 cups mixed baby kale greens roughly chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red onion sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- ½ teaspoon dry oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Rinse and drain beans.
Combine vinegar, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil.
In a large bowl combine beans, chicken, and the next 6 ingredients (through oregano) and toss lightly.
Drizzle vinegar mixture over pasta mixture; toss well to coat.
Garnish with cheese.
I invite your feedback. Tell me what you think.
How has this post helped you, and if you were inspired.?I love to know what my readers are up to, and how you put my thoughts and experience to use in your world.
If you have any suggestions on subjects for future posts, give me the scoop! I’m listening. Don’t forget to subscribe to my mailing list so you don’t miss future posts!
© 2015, The Magick Kitchen