Summer marks the point of when our gardens are beginning to BURST with color and flavor. If you are like me you have an abundance of Basil and other culinary herbs growing.
Today, I want to explore the flavor of the garden with this simple and delicious recipe. It only takes a few minutes to create and it will help use up some of the abundances you receive from your garden or even the grocery store.
Lemon-Basil Shrimp and Pasta
- ½ lb Pasta
- ¾ lb cooked shrimp thawed, cleaned and drained
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee melted
- ½ Red Bell Pepper cored and diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic fresh pressed or minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan-Reggiano cheese grated
Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente.
While Pasta cooks, in a separate pan sauté pan add 1T of Ghee the pepper, garlic &
Shrimp until the shrimp is mostly cooked.
Drain pasta and combine with pepper and garlic mixture.
Add the next 3 ingredients and the remaining Ghee with the hot pasta mixture; toss to combine.
Sprinkle cheese over pasta and serve immediately