Beef Stew is by far one of my favorite recipes when the weather turns cold.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 lb Chuck Roast cut in 1 ½ inch pieces
- ¼ to ½ C Flour
- 2 T Cooking Oil
- 2 med Onions Chopped
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 6 Cloves of Garlic pressed
- 12 oz Ale Brown is best or you can use a wheat beer
- 1 ½ lb Potatoes cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Carrots whole
- 8 oz Baby Portabella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ C Beef Stock
- ½ tsp Thyme dry
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
- 1 T Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Press garlic and set aside.
Heat Oil on med-high heat in a large skillet. Salt and dust beef lightly with salt and flour, then brown each piece in the skillet.
Add the browned beef, remaining flour & ingredients up to the red wine vinegar in your slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve HOT & Enjoy!
This is one of my favorites on a cold winter day!
© 2014, The Magick Kitchen